The comparison of Christ with water can be seen in John’s Gospel.
1. The Spring of Salvation-Salvation begins with Christ. John 3:5 (NASB)
(5) Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
2. A Full Well–Springing up leads to fullness. John 4:14 (NASB)
(14) but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.”
3. An Overflowing River-A vessel will not overflow until it’s full. John 7:38 (NASB)
(38) “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'”
Water is for drinking. It is a picture of the Holy Spirit. As water satisfies and produces fruit, the Holy Spirit does the same for us.
Water is for washing. It is also a picture of the Word of God, which cleanses us like water.
John 15:3 (NASB)
(3) “You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
As you are filled with the Spirit, you become an overflowing river able to satisfy and bless the lives of other people.