A close look at the text reveals the following information:
1. The word “You” is used 34 times. Refers to the Father.
2. The word “Me” is used 22 times. Refers to Jesus Christ.
3. The word “them” is used 16 times. Jesus calls His follower.
4. The word “world” is used 14 times. This speaks of the world at large.
Theme: Jesus Prays to the Father
Thought: Our Intercessor
Key Verse: Verse 11-12 and 21
The fact that Jesus is our High Priest brings to mind Philippians 2:6-8. Please see Addendum 1: The High Priest Position.
This chapter will be divided as follows:
1. The High Priestly Prayer Verses 1-12
2. The Disciples in the World 13-21
3. The Disciples’ Future Glory 22-26
References for this work are as follows:
1. New American Standard Bible
The New Inductive Study Bible
©2000 Precept Ministries International
Harvest House Publishers
Hebrew-Greek Key Word Study Bible
Red Letter Edition Revised Edition
AMG International, Inc.
The Lockman Foundation
3. WordSearch 9 Database
(Bible Research Software)